Monday, September 3, 2012

Hendersonville Apple Fest

Hendersonville, NC- home of Apple Fest!
It reminded me a lot of Pullman's Lentil Fest, every little town has something!
They closed main street and had vendors all up and down it.
There were tons of people selling apples (of course),
but my favorite was this fine chocolate store stand selling caramel apples.
It was a little expensive, but my dark chocolate caramel apple was AMAZING!!
Totally worth the drive up to the little town. A lot of the little shops were closed, and we didn't have time
to go through the ones that were open so we want to go back. It seemed like a cute little town with lots of history. 
The parade was awesome! Maybe a little long...everybody was in it!

 There were tons of people! They come from all around to visit the Fest
 Deep fat fried oreos....YUMMMM!!!!
 I've never been to a parade where every part of the service was represented
not only by active members, but also retired from every war. It was awesome!
Every cop car and fire truck for 3 counties were also in the parade- I'll admit, that
got a little old. 


This one pretty much sums up the parade- they are the "Spartanburg Hillbillies"!
It said so right on their truck! I loved their hats! They had everything and anything
pinned to their hats.

1 comment:

  1. I'm intrigued (and grossed out at the same time) by the fried Oreos. I may have to try them when the state fair rolls around again!

    ReplyDelete