Who thinks that?!
Oh, this genius!
I wanted to do something special for a really good friend's baby shower- that was the next day.
So after discussing it with an expert (aka Amber) who said it would only take a few hours,
got the fabric measurements and instructions - I was off to find cute fabric!
Took a little while to find fabric, took forever to cut out all those cute little squares.
When Spencer got home, he took one look at what I was doing, shook his head at me in disbelief,
and left me to cutting squares to go make dinner.
A quick dinner and I was sewing "X"s - talk about not an easy task.
Who knew it was so hard to sew two straight criss-cross lines to keep two pieces of fabric together?
I wanted to do something special for a really good friend's baby shower- that was the next day.
So after discussing it with an expert (aka Amber) who said it would only take a few hours,
got the fabric measurements and instructions - I was off to find cute fabric!
Took a little while to find fabric, took forever to cut out all those cute little squares.
When Spencer got home, he took one look at what I was doing, shook his head at me in disbelief,
and left me to cutting squares to go make dinner.
A quick dinner and I was sewing "X"s - talk about not an easy task.
Who knew it was so hard to sew two straight criss-cross lines to keep two pieces of fabric together?
Once realizing it would take a while,
Spencer decided he would come in and offer support.
Which meant he brought his computer into my craft room while I sewed more "X"s.
I then conjured him into helping me by tempting him with ice cream.
So he started by putting together the squares in a pattern so I could sew them
and he was in charge of making sure I didn't sew wrong ones together.
I then conjured him into helping me by tempting him with ice cream.
So he started by putting together the squares in a pattern so I could sew them
and he was in charge of making sure I didn't sew wrong ones together.
Once all that was done, we had to cut all the little seams
Did I mention I love my husband and at this point it's around midnight?
Did I mention I love my husband and at this point it's around midnight?
Yup! That's my sleepy hubby!!
Quilt completed!!!
These little elephants were so stinkin' cute!!!
I loved them!
But our adventure wasn't over yet!
In order for the quilt to fray right, it had to be washed/dried
and I didn't really want all those little strings in my dryer.
So we decided to hit the town (around 2 am or so) to find a laundromat
and ICE CREAM!!
Two things we learned about our wonderful town that are different from Pullman.
1. Jack in the Box cleans their milkshake machine at 2 am
2. There are no 24 hour laundromats
I loved them!
But our adventure wasn't over yet!
In order for the quilt to fray right, it had to be washed/dried
and I didn't really want all those little strings in my dryer.
So we decided to hit the town (around 2 am or so) to find a laundromat
and ICE CREAM!!
Two things we learned about our wonderful town that are different from Pullman.
1. Jack in the Box cleans their milkshake machine at 2 am
2. There are no 24 hour laundromats
So we settled for mediocre Burger King milkshakes and onion rings
and putting the quilt in my own washer/dryer.
A few hours later I left for the baby shower with quilt in tow!
It turned out cute and I think my friend liked it!
And I don't think I'll be having another brainy idea to make one in a day again any time soon :)
cute quilt! those are tough to make, and the strings are annoying - at least you didn't wash it with some towels (I've done that a time or two - big mistake!)
ReplyDeleteGreat job
I'll bite...what happens when you wash it with towels? I don't get it...
ReplyDeleteAmber is a big GOOBER!!! The quilt isn't difficult, but they take a LONG time to make....pick out fabric (takes forever to find the right matching fabrics, cutting, sewing X's, sewing the squares together when the fabric gets thick, and the worst part is cutting the frayed part.
ReplyDeleteAnyways....yours turned out super CUTE!!! Great job!